Rules and Regulations
- Students must be regular and punctual at lectures, demonstrations, seminars, practicals, field work and other academic exercises. They are required to attend all allotted working periods in each of the prescribed subjects. If so recommended by the respective Heads of Departments, the Principal may under the regulations of the Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences (RGUHS) condone shortage of attendance up to 20% caused by illness and such other valid reasons.
- Students whose conduct, or attendance, or progress is not satisfactory will not be allowed to appear for the University or Board examination, and are also liable to be asked to leave the College.
- A language course is conducted in Kannada; the course is compulsory for all new entrants who do not know the language.
- In case of non-attendance of classes, an application must be presented to the Principal for leave of absence giving the reasons.
- Membership in the recognized Student Nurses' Association is compulsory.
- Students must be neat and tidy in their dress, avoiding expensive clothes and exaggerated fashions.
- Students must wear the prescribed uniform for duty.
- Students must maintain a sense of decorum and discipline inside the College and in its associated institutions, and in public places. Students should refrain from disfiguring walls and furniture, and from other objectionable practices.
- Ragging is strictly prohibited. In connection with this, the Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences (RGUHS), Bangalore, to which our college is affiliated, has sent a circular dated 1st February 1997. The contents of this circular are:
"Ragging is a cognizable offence and that any person caught indulging in ragging shall be liable to imprisonment for a term which may extend to one year, or with fine as stipulated therein."
- "Principals are instructed to inform the police and take necessary steps to dismiss the student."
- Students are required to carry their identity cards certified up-to-date, on their person at all times.
- Once the parents decide to have their ward as a day scholar, the status cannot be changed thereafter.
Vacation and Holidays
Students are eligible for one month (30 days) leave annually. This is arranged according to the convenience of the Institute.
- Annual Vacation 30 Days
- Sick Leave 10 Days
Preparatory holidays of 15 days for B.Sc, N, M.Sc and 15 days for GNM students during which period the students are expected to be in the hostel for studies.
1. Students are entitled to avail ten days sick leave per annum on medical grounds. This has to be certified by a Doctor of Vikram Hospital.
2. Any leave taken over and above this has to be made up by the student after the completion of every year.
The Institution expects a high degree of discipline from the students.
Students who are found guilty of provoking, instigating, leading or participating in any illegal activities, ragging, strike or boycotting the classes will be summarily dismissed.
The students are required to wear the uniform as prescribed by the Institution.
Hostel Rules and Regulations
All students in the Hostel shall be under the direct care and supervision of a Warden-cum-Nursing tutor.
- Students are allowed to go out once in two weeks for shopping only on second Saturday between 3 pm to 5pm
- No students will be permitted to stay outside the hostel with relatives or friends. When a student is ill, he / she should inform to the sister-in-charge / tutor / warden.
- Relative and friends are not permitted to visit the students during their duty hours. Visitors from a distant place are not entitled to see the students during their duty hour according to the norms of the Institute. Telephone calls are strictly prohibited during night or on night shifts unless it is very urgent.
- Ragging in all its forms is banned as it is treated as a recognizable offence. Any student found guilty of ragging will be suspended and / or dismissed at the discretion of the management.
- Taking or admistering any harmful drug / liquor not authorized by competent authority is strictly forbidden in order to curb any such practice amongst students. If found in possession of any unauthorized drug / liquor he / she will be summarily DISMISSED.
- Students should strictly adhere to the rules and regulations, which may be laid from time to time by the institution.
Students have to make an entry in their out-pass book about the date, departure time, visiting place, purpose and arrival time.
Agreement with the Management
There is one year agreement of service to all students provided the management insists for it. The candidates and their Parent / Guardian, should execute a bond to that extent.